Prior getting into the complexity and details on what are blackheads , let’s focus on the main components of this article.
In this article, you are about to read;
- What are blackheads?
- Symptoms of blackheads
- What causes blackheads?
- How to prevent blackheads?
- How to remove blackheads overnight?
- How to remove difficult blackheads?
- Home remedies of blackhead (blackhead remedy)
Getting back to all the components of this article, let’s delve into them one by one.
What are blackheads?
Blackheads appear on various parts of the body including; face, neck, back, thighs, arms, and shoulders. According to the ADD (American Academy of Dermatology), almost fifty million people experience blackheads once in their life.
What are blackheads, when asked by a renowned dermatologist, we got a reply that blackheads are small bumps on the skin. Pores are opened and due to the closure of hair follicle, they turn black. It is also black because of the dirt and oil disposition in the pores.
Nevertheless, blackheads are considered a skin disease, not a condition. Also, it is one of the fastest growing skin diseases. Blackheads have the tendency to cause infection and take a riskier side if not treated on time.
Blackheads are one of the six forms of acne. Therefore, treatment and care along with preventive measures are of utmost importance.
Symptoms of blackheads:
Symptoms and signs are not restricted to one but various conditions. As we have mentioned that Blackheads are a type of acne, so it is obvious that it contains some characteristics of acne as well.
Here is a list of signs and symptoms of blackheads:
- Small opened pores.
- Blackheads as in blackened tops are found in a pimple or acne.
- Soreness is also seen in acute cases.
- Follicle of hair is clogged resulting in dirty pores.
- Follicle at times is seen in the pore outrooting from the bottom surface.
- Blackheads are raised from the skin surface.
- Painful at times when it is in severe condition. Otherwise, there is no pain at all.
- Inflammation, as well as redness, is also noticed in the extreme cases.
However, there are symptoms which can never be predicted. It is because of the fact that blackheads are followed by a series of previously existing skin concerns.
What causes blackheads?
Causes of Blackheads largely depend on the points worth considering;
- The outrage of oil production in the skin leading to flow from the opened pores.
- Blackheads are also formed when a bacteria named Propionibacterium is developed in the skin.
- The point in time when dead skin cells do not leave on THEIR own and cause irritation.
- Hormonal imbalances specially during puberty, breastfeeding, pregnancy, and while consuming birth control drugs/pills.
- Intake of drugs (for example: lithium, corticosteroids and or androgens).
- Eating and drinking habits also contribute in the formation of blackheads.
How to prevent blackheads?
Prevention is indeed better than cure. Here in this section, you will learn about how to prevent blackheads. So, let’s read on and understand the concept of getting rid of blackheads without any cosmetic surgery or medications.
However, on the later stage, when an individual gets towards the riskier side of blackhead production, there are medicines and surgeries as the last resort.
Exfoliate skin regularly:
Scrubs and exfoliating creams are readily available in the market. There is however other means of making scrubs at home as well. Exfoliating scrubs are more practical as that of creams. Therefore, we recommend you all to use scrubs which suit your skin type.
In the section of home remedies, we have provided examples and procedures of making three types of scrubs. Nevertheless, we all have this question in our minds as to why do we use scrubs to remove or prevent blackheads? So, the answer to it is simple. We use scrubs to remove blackheads so that it can perform two functions.
Firstly, it removes dead skin cells that are the source of causing blackheads. Secondly, it moistens your skin and makes it smoother.
Keeping skin clean:
Second way to keep your skin away from blackheads is by keeping skin clean. You must do following in order to stay away from blackheads:
- Wash face as soon as you get up from a night’s sleep/
- Before going to bed please make sure that all the makeup is removed and your skin is tidy to wake up with.
- Also ensure that you don’t wash your face more than twice. Otherwise side effects may start to show and you will face trouble in removing acne.
- Please wash your hair with antibacterial products.
- Washing hair every day is also included in the list of preventing acne.
- Use of antibacterial face wash, soaps and other face products must be used if you are experiencing acne.
- Washing face after eating oily food is highly recommended.
Use of oil free beauty products:
As mentioned above, it is important to use antibacterial products. Selecting those items or products that have no oil in the ingredients is the best pick for prevention of blackheads.
How to remove blackheads overnight?
Is it even possible to get rid of blackheads overnight? How can we remove blackheads overnight?
In this response, we have some home remedies to share. Remedies which are the best source of removal of blackheads from odd areas of the face like nose and upper lips. Even in the lower lips we see blackheads. If we go into the reasons as to why blackheads appear on nose and upper or lower lips, we find out that it is merely on the basis of oil reproduction system.
Home remedies of blackheads:
A list of ten home remedies is recommended for stubborn blackheads. One of these remedies will help you to find the best trick to get rid of blackheads overnight. Now the question is which one of these is custodian of reducing or completely eliminating blackheads, that too overnight.
Well, to be very honest it largely depends on your skin type, condition of blackheads and ways through which you are trying to reduce blackheads.
Tomato and blackheads:
If you are wondering how tomatoes can work as a blackhead remedy that too overnight, then read on for the steps and procedure.
- Wash tomato and cut it into half.
- Place them in a chiller or freezer.
- Take these pieces out after 40 to 45 minutes.
- Gently rub it on your chin, nose, and cheeks; and on the side burns for good 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat daily once before going to sleep.
Whites of an egg for blackheads:
Egg whites are also used as a blackhead home remedy fast. Follow the steps mentioned below and check magic taking place overnight.
- Place egg white in a bowl.
- Spread three or four layers of tissues on egg white.
- Rinse your face and pat dry.
- Apply egg white with one tissue paper gently on the face.
- Make sure that you have covered acne and blackheads.
- Let the tissue paper and white part of egg dry.
- Once it is all dried, remove tissue and apply another tissue paper and repeat the process.
- After repeating the procedure for three to four times, rinse your face with cold water.
- Repeat it daily for at least seven days.
Note: You must know that if tissue is removed before it is dried then the remedy will be of no use.
Salt, tomato and lemon – a blackhead remedy:
This home remedy is considered one of the best while taking care of blackheads removal within 12 hours.
- Take a medium sized tomato.
- Wash and peel it nicely.
- Cut it into half.
- Take one-half and rub it gently on the blackheads.
- Let it sit on the face for 1-2 hours, preferably at night, before going to sleep.
- When you get up in the morning, wash it off with the help of lukewarm water.
Next day you have to follow these steps:
- Take a glass of water; add a teaspoon of salt and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Wash your face and then apply it on the blackheads.
- Let it be there on the face for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In the end, rinse your face with warm distilled water.
- Repeat this procedure once in a day, i.e. before going to bed.
Fullers Earth – Clay:
Fullers Earth is clay like substance used as a mask and is also known as “multanimitti”. It has a tendency and potential to remove blackheads effectively and quickly, even overnight at times.
- Take a container; it could be a bowl or anything else. Add three to four tablespoons of water in it.
- Now add Fullers Earth (approximately 4 tablespoon) in the water.
- Mix till it becomes smooth without lumps.
- Next step is to cover face and specially blackheads with this mask.
- Let it dry for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Clean it off with the help of wet cloth and then rinse it well.
- Repeat every day once before going to sleep and once after waking up from sleep.
There are many other home remedies however, we have catered some other questions which are also important to be addressed. So, let’s go on with those and find the solutions to other questions related to blackheads.
How to remove difficult blackheads?
Since we know there are conditions in which blackheads get stubborn and difficult to remove. There are solutions to such cases as well.
Some of those include; removal through exfoliating tools/brushes, rotating cleansers, cosmetic surgery, and medications.
Rushes and tools for blackhead removal:
Two types of cleansers are readily available which has proven magic regarding blackheads.
Firstly, it is the brush which cleanses blackhead. And the other is a rotating tool which picks blackheads instantly.
Brush cleanser: it has the potential to keep skin smooth and clean; helping in removing sebum from the pores.
Rotator cleanser: it is a proper gadget enabling blackheads to reduce and then eliminate. The main function of rotating cleanser is to keep skin clean and away from opened pores or disposition of dirt in the pores.
Difficult Blackheads and Removal:
Deep blackheads and deep hard blackheads are however the most difficult ones to deal with. As mentioned above, there are various ways to handle normal acne that turns into blackheads. Home remedies were the right use for these less stubborn and deep blackheads.
In this section we will explain other ways and methods with the help of which blackheads can be removed.
Method 1: Microdermabrasion:
Microdermabrasion is a procedure that contains a proper sandpaper like surface. Main purpose of it is squeezing blackheads from the surface of the skin. Taking it out after local anesthesia requires force as the blackhead is deep rooted as well as the depth is sinfully hard.
This procedure is not carried out by any layman. Instead, a doctor or specialized professional assistant does it for the effected person.
Method 2: Labor Intensive Removal:
Plugged and clogged blackheads are the source of disgrace and embarrassment. In the case of difficult blackheads, dermatologists use a tool called “a round extractor” to remove deep and hard to handle blackheads.
Method however is a bit painful and dermatologists prefer local anesthesia prior taking blackheads out from the skin.
First of all, an opening is created, then dermatologist uses enough pressure using extractor to remove blackhead.
Method 3: Light and Laser Therapy:
The third method to remove dogged blackheads is by the use of light and laser therapy. Light therapy breaks down the production of bacteria that produces oil. Laser as well as light therapies are intensive and used to treat bad blackheads, those which are extremely spellbound and crazily deepened.
Light and laser beam both reaches down to the surface of the skin and reduces the production of oil. People with intensive care for skin prefer it due to the facts that anesthesia is not required; and most importantly, therapy is a call for no scars or marks.
Method 4: Medication and Use of Drugs:
Medications and drugs use in the cases and situations, where nothing works, is recommended by dermatologists. This is the second step of medications, a stronger and so not among those medicines that are available over the counter.
Vitamin A is one of the best sources to reduce oil production and clogging of pores forming blackheads. Medications like adapalene and trestinoin are considered best in this regard.
Medicines mentioned above are applied tropically and are not taken orally.
Method 5: Treatments over the Counter:
There are many drugs, ointments, pills and creams that are available over the counter. These are also found in the stores. Why people go for these is simple. They find it anywhere and no prescription is required for the purchase.
Most of these drugs are rich in benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and resorcinol. They work as the source of reducing oil production and killing bacteria that causes blackheads.
Conclusion – Last Verdict:
Deep blackheads stuck under the skin are the most difficult ones to deal with. And this is the reason why people get scared when they see blackheads which doesn’t remove on its own. Therefore, it is recommended to take proper care of skin. Visiting dermatologist in such cases where skin diseases doesn’t go on its own becomes must.