Acne, a complete manifestation of embarrassment for women is a skin disease. More than fifty million Americans experience acne and its form per annum. Keeping that in regard, here in this article we have discussed main topics associated to acne cyst; another type of acne.
- What is acne cyst?
- Causes of cystic acne.
- What are the symptoms of acne cyst?
- Home Remedies for acne cyst
- Treatment of cystic acne
- Preventive measures of cystic acne
- When to seek doctors’ help?
Let’s delve into each topic separately to distinguish cystic acne from other types of acne.
What is Acne Cyst?
Cystic acne is the worst and most painful type of common acne; found in teenagers during puberty stage and lactating or pregnant women. Follicles that burst and leave sebum on the skin are mostly the source of cysts.
Why and how acne bursts?
Acne is formed when the hair follicle contains sebum. Due to irritation and inflammation, this acne erupts paving way to cysts. Cystic acne is also shaped when affected person scratches or scrubs it too hard. Moreover, cysts are the risky sorts of acne. These are more painful and deeper than other sorts of acne.
However, this category of acne is more severe and doesn’t hit everyone. Cysts affect way lesser people as compared to acne, the common one. According to research carried out in the year 2009, a huge percentage of people with different types of acne showed up to the dermatologist.
What Causes Cystic Acne?
So far through research and studies, it is understood that there is no particular cause of cystic acne. However, on the other hand, it is also agreed that hormonal imbalances are one of the reasons of acne cyst.
During puberty androgen accelerates. This particular hormone breaks out on skin in the form of acne. Pregnancy and menstrual cycle are also considered as a source and reason of acne cyst.
Medical history of parents and siblings also tend to probe cystic acne. Other factors may include;
- Cosmetics containing oil and its use.
- Sweating and excessive humidity in the air.
- Greasy food items.
- Mental conditions like stress, anxiety and depression.
- Unhygienic conditions and insufficient washing of face.
- Too much sex or masturbation.
- Use of medicines with cortisones.
- Dairy products.
Despite the fact that all these factors can trigger the growth of acne; resulting in cysts if not treated or mistreated. There is a large possibility of getting it treated through natural home remedies as well as surgery and minor laser treatments.
How to Remove Cystic Acne on Back Overnight?
Many think it is not possible to remove cystic acne from back, let alone be overnight. Well, the misconception makes many worries. But the situation is not such on which you must get tensed.
Removing cystic acne from anywhere on the body is not only possible but also very easy. In regard to overnight removal, yes at times results are not seen within 24 or 12 hours. However, when we take “overnight” as a jargon then yeah, it is possible. On the other hand, on some individuals cystic acne actually is seen misplaced because of the following reasons:
- Firstly, it is not taken from the family or parents. Means, it is not inherited. That allows the stubbornness to get a bit lower in intensity. Therefore, it is easy to get rid of them within 24 or 12 hours.
- Secondly, cystic acne is in the premature stage. It clearly means this sort of acne is not mature and in the very early stages. Hence, it is easy to get them removed.
- Last but not the least; the method used actually works. At times on many individuals same method doesn’t take its course. On the other hand, people otherwise find it useful.
Here is the entire procedure in simple steps to follow;
- Acid called salicylic is used to cleanse the skin. Simply apply it on the back.
- Rub it slowly. Let the acid get into skin and exfoliate it nicely.
- Then cleanse it again.
- Once you will exfoliate skin, it will get red and swollen. Cold compression with the help of ice can help in reducing swelling, redness and pain.
- Inflammation however is lessened through benzoyl peroxide. It has the tendency to catch bacteria that sits in the follicle. Apply it and also make sure to use moisturizer after the application.
- Last but not the least; condense redness as well as soreness. Use hydrocortisone cream or ointment that contains minimum potency of steroids. This cream actually contracts pimple and soothes it till it has no trace on the back at all.
What Are the Symptoms of Acne Cyst?
Acne is very common and almost everyone goes through it once in a life time. It is easy to determine as the symptoms are mostly too clear.
On the contrary, acne cyst is even easier to find out because of the following symptoms:
- Severity of pain is more than bearable. Excruciating irritation and inflammation also governs the existence of cystic acne.
- Scars and marks are left once cysts are dried or treated. This is the reason why people who get cysts are more concerned as of those who have common acne problem.
- Social, emotional, physical and collectiveness of a person is totally hard to see by others. It is solemnly because of the reason that pain is shown on the face, emotionally and mentally one feels depressed or stressed, and socially it is a turn off for others. Sensitivity also strikes in young adults.
- Pain is one of the greatest symptoms of cystic acne.
- Permanent impairment is noticed in the following ways:
- A bit of depth is noticed on the skin.
- Pits are of two kinds: shallow or less deep and larger pits.
- Soreness, redness, inflammatory and rashes are there on the skin.
- Breakouts of cysts are normally on the back, face, arms, shoulders, thighs, chest and upper arms.
- Cysts are without blackheads or whiteheads.
- Skin is bumpy and generally red on the surroundings of cysts.
- Cysts are felt deep inside skin before it pops out.
- Pain is such that it is present in both the scenarios; when they are touched or even when not touched.
Home Remedies for Cystic Acne:
Is it true that you can actually get away from cysts without going for laser or minor surgery? Yes, it is very much possible, based on the home remedies that are experienced and tested by many people.
Below are five main remedies which are not only tested but have also showed great changes in the cystic acne:
Apple Cider Vinegar For Acne Cyst:
Apple cider vinegar is natural non-synthetic vinegar. It has following characteristics which aids in curing cystic acne:
- Antiseptic properties
- Anti-inflammatory possessions
- Characteristic of balancing pH ratio
- Anti-bacterial qualities
- Contains astringent
- Malic acid
Here is what to do in order to get rid of cystic acne overnight:
- Wash your face and pat dry it with clean towel.
- Take few drops of apple cider vinegar in a small container or bowl.
- Dip and soak cotton ball in the cider vinegar.
- Apply it directly on the cysts.
- Let it dry and sit in overnight.
- Rinse it off.
- Repeat daily before going to bed.
Tea Tree Oil with Honey for Cystic Acne:
Characteristics found in tea tree oil are:
- Antibacterial characteristics
- Quality of disinfecting cysts
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Lessens swelling on the skin
Steps to follow to get rid of cystic acne are:
- Mix few drops of tea tree oil with one heap teaspoon of pure honey.
- Clean face and then pat dry with a clean towel.
- Then apply the mixture all over the affected area on the skin.
- Let it dry. Make sure you let it dry properly. Leave it for maximum 15 and minimum 10 minutes.
- Rinse it completely with water.
- Repeat it once or twice every day.
Clay or Fuller Earth’s Mask for Cyst Acne:
One of the best cystic acne home remedy is clay mask. However, there are other masks too which really helps. Those may include; honey and cucumber mask, fuller earth mask, aloe vera mask and essential oils with honey mask.
Here, we have explained how clay or fuller earth’s mask does wonder to cystic acne:
Properties of clay mask are:
- Exfoliating properties
- Absorbing qualities
Method of this remedy is as follows:
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl:
- Honey one and a half teaspoon
- Tea tree oil few drops
- Fullers earth 4 tablespoon
- Make a paste of all the ingredients with the help of water.
- Apply the mixture on the area where cysts are found.
- Let it dry for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water once it is all dried up.
- Repeat daily for seven to eight days, once in a day.
Turmeric Paste for Acne Cyst:
Curcumin is one of the main agents present in turmeric. Other properties are:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antiseptic qualities
- Astringent characteristics
- Antitumor features
Home remedy steps;
- Make a paste of turmeric (3 teaspoons) with water (according to make thick paste).
- Apply and let it sit on cysts for approximately an hour to ninety minutes.
- Rinse it off.
- Repeat it daily for a week.
Baking soda for cystic acne scars:
- Make a thick paste of baking soda and water.
- Apply it generously on the cystic acne.
- Massage thoroughly for good five minutes.
- Let it dry naturally.
- Rinse it off after ten to fifteen minutes.
- Repeat it twice in 7 days.
Extracting acne cyst is another way of looking after this type of acne. Procedure of this treatment is taken as one of the painful kind. However, it is not the case because; local anesthesia is given through injection in deep rooted cystic acne.
Cystic acne treatment over the counter medicines and products are:
- Alpha hydroxyl acids.
- Benzoyl peroxide.
- Salicylic acid.
How to Treat Popping Cystic Acne on Face?
First and foremost it is the cystic acne that causes pain, redness and even pus. You can treat popping cystic acne through the help of home treatments mentioned above. Other Cystic Acne Cure is also discussed in the above section. Those all are the helping agents in regard to the survival with the cystic acne.
Well in this context there is another fact to focus on. The popping of cystic acne can cause infection, scars on the skin, as well as longer stay of redness. Therefore, it is best suggested not to use anything to pop it.
Important Points to Remember for Cystic Acne:
- Washing the affected area with non-oily products twice in 12 hours.
- Don’t wash acne a lot as it may worsen cystic acne.
- Use soft material for cleansing.
- Use those pads which conceal pores and make it away from dirt. Open pores are the cause of cysts.
- Use of oil free beauty products like soap, moisturizer, creams, lotions, etc. are the best for any type of acne.
- Cosmetics with fats must not be used. Use of water based cosmetics is the best for those who have cystic acne.
- Never ever squeeze acne, pop it or play with it. This will cause scars on your skin.
- Contact of things around you must be limited. Specially your hair on the face, and on the areas that have cystic acne.
- Seeing a doctor od dermatologist becomes must if cystic acne persists and gets worse after the use of home remedies.
- Keep yourself hydrated and clean.
In the nutshell, it is all about how far you are prone to get cystic acne. Treatment of many kinds may or may not bring any significant change. Looking for better options and seeking doctor’s help is a must in slightest hint of cystic acne getting bad in shape or causing extra pain, etc.