Whitish bumps that do not get red and do not sore appear on the face. These hard whiteheads under the skin cause irritation. These bumps are commonly known as clogged pores or embedded whiteheads. These whiteheads are mostly found on the chin and hairline. They can be formed anywhere on the skin. These clogged pores are more seen in people having darker skin tones. There are differences between pimples and whiteheads that appear on the face. People confuse them with each other. Whiteheads can be differentiated from blackheads and pimples.
Causes of Hard whiteheads on Face:
A whitehead can leave a permanent scar if someone squeezes it or rubs it badly. Hard whiteheads on face will leave a reddish scar that is very permanent. It will not be a good option to treat whiteheads without any supervision because it can end up very badly. Dermatologists have the opinion that the cause of these whiteheads on the face is the accumulation of hardened sebum on the skin pores.
Hardened sebum is the excess of oil that secretes from the skin and then gets hardened. Because of the hardened sebum on the skin pores, it blocks the bacteria and bacteria remain underneath the skin. The bacteria begin to accumulate and grow on it. Finally, it starts forming whiteheads that get hardened by time.
Hard Whiteheads on Face Treatment at Home:
These are the few tips to remove whiteheads.
- You should wash your face with a mild cleanser every day.
- Use skin care products that are good for your skin and do not harm your skin type.
- Use any facial cleanser that contains salicylic acids.
- Hydroxyl acids facial cleansers can also be used because these cleansers unclog the pores.
- You should try exfoliating the skin quite regularly.
- Exfoliating the skin twice or thrice in a week can be a good practice. Applying exfoliating products on the face needs to be done in a more affecting way.
- Do it in circular motions and concentrate on the affected parts of the skin.
- A good exfoliator will have small particles that will enhance the skin to grow healthy skin cells that are fresh and smooth.
- Exfoliating products can also help in unclogging the skin pores.
- Applying moisturizing creams or hydrating creams can be very helpful to make the skin treatable and to stop the skin condition from getting worse.
- Oily skin people can also use these moisturizers as these are very important before doing any treatments to soften the skin.
- Steam your face for deep cleansing of the skin.
- Steam for 10 minutes maximum and do it once in a week.
- Steaming your skin will help to lose the debris that is attached to the skin.
- It opens the clogged pores, which helps to cleanse the impurities easily.
- It softens the skin that can help remove the impurities.
- Hard Whiteheads on face make it hard to remove the makeup easily.
- Steaming will soften the skin and help in removing the makeup, dust and other oily secretions.
These tips are constructive, but one should do it under the supervision of a dermatologist because skins react verily.