Cystic acne or acne of any kind can become the source of embarrassment. Typically, on the faces and exposed areas of females. In this regard, we have decided to help all those who have concerns with cysts. So, How to get rid of a cyst at home? We have written this blog post without being biased about the gender though. Therefore, home remedies and the reasons of whatever is mentioned in this article remains same for males and females.
Cysts are a type of acne. Results of acne are because of several reasons. However, cystic acne is caused because of several particular reasons. Let’s discuss what this article contains so that we can trace the topics accordingly.
Table of Content
- What is cyst?
- How to get rid of a cyst at home?
- Home remedies of removing cysts
- Other treatments to remove cysts at home
- Preventive measures of eradicating cysts
What is Cyst?
Alright, so let’s start off with what exactly is cyst. It is imperative to make you know about the other name of cyst – sebaceous cyst. Here is the picture that can easily explain what the sebaceous cysts are.
It is something that appears in the skin, yes, not on the skin but underneath the outer surface of skin. It’s another name is “keratin cyst” or “epidermoid cyst”.
Features of Cystic acne:
Here are some of the known features of cysts:
- These occur without any reason at times. Also, goes away without any treatment too. However, the ratio is less.
- Sebaceous cysts appear out of blue, and as said not always this is the reason. Blockage in the protein gland is one of the main causes of the stagnant emergence of acne.
- Yellow substance that appears on the tip of cyst contains pus.
- Cystic acne may occur anywhere at any point of life, on your skin. Nevertheless, it is also noticed that the exceptions are there too. Feet, soles and palms don’t have cystic acne.
- Sizes of cystic acne varies and the appearance also changes due to the eruption of pus.
- The best part about cystic acne is that: cancer doesn’t happen to those who have cystic acne (other reasons may effect cancerous growth). Also, it is not so harmful.
How to get rid of a cyst at Home:
Indeed it is very true that whenever you see cystic acne on anyone’s face or anywhere else, it gives a very ugly look. Bad smell as well as pus causes gross appearance. You, in this case require some home remedies. These home remedies are the custodian of many happy faces.
So, let’s delve in and get started with tried and tested home remedies for Cystic Acne:
Home Remedy 1: Castor Oil for Cystic Acne:
First of all let’s check the benefits of castor oil for acne. Then, we will go on with the method to use it.
Benefits of castor oil:
Inflammation is healed by the help of castor oil. Also, it has the potential to lessen the intensity of itching.
Ingredients you require:
Castor oil – 2 tablespoons or as required
- Take two tablespoons (or more) castor oil in a bowl.
- Dip and then soak a clean cloth in the bowl.
- Without any delay, apply it on the affected area.
- Take cold water bag and compress (for thirty minutes).
- Squeeze out cyst very slowly. Repeat thrice in a day in case of emergency for seeing a guy, going to wedding, and etc.
Note: This procedure will help you to remove cysts without pain in less than a minute.
Home Remedy 2: Bloodroot (Black) Salve for Acne Cyst:
Alright, so what does this black bloodroot drawing salve does? Well, first of all it is important to mention that this is a natural product. How does it help others with acne or cystic acne? Here it is:
- Removes toxins.
- No side effects.
- Band-Aid – one
- Drawing salve – one tablespoon or as required
- Take drawing salve and then apply it directly on the affected area.
- Cover it with Band-Aid for at least 48 hours.
- Remove this band aid after 2 days.
- You won’t find the trace of cyst.
Home Remedy 3: Tea Tree Oil for Cyst Acne:
Benefits of tea tree oil are many. Some of them are listed below:
- Has the potential of anti-inflammation.
- Anti-bacterial qualities are also found in tea tree oil.
- In addition to it, tea tree oil also has abundance of healing traits.
- Sebaceous cysts are also treated by the help of tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil – few drops or as needed.
- Take few drops of tea tree oil on your fingertips.
- Apply it directly on the cyst.
- Let it sit there till it dries or ten minutes.
- Rinse it off with water if you feel agitated. Else, let it be there.
- Repeating this procedure thrice in 24 hours serves the purpose.
Home Remedy 4: Apple Cider Vinegar for Cysts:
Benefits and uses of apple cider vinegar are known and quite popular. They are tested, experienced and worked on. Therefore, for your information, sebaceous cysts are removed by the help of apple cider vinegar by the anti-inflammation, anti-bacteria, and anti-septic traits.
Apple cider vinegar – few drops or as per needed.
- If you notice pus oozing out from the cyst then remove it with the help of clean and soft cloth.
- Then, take few drops of apple cider vinegar and apply directly on the cyst.
- Cover cyst with a piece of white and soft cloth.
- Remove it after 2 to 3 days.
- Pus will be formed that with a very gentle pressure can ooze out.
- Clean and repeat the procedure twice or thrice in a week.
Note: Best is when you remove cloth and wrap another cloth with the same procedure.
Home Remedy 5: Hazel Witch for Cystic Acne:
With the properties of astringent, hazel witch has the potential of healing cysts fast. Tannins and excessive oil from cysts are removed by the natural agent – hazel witch. It also has the trait of tightening pores. So, in short, it is one of the best ways to deal with scary cystic acne.
- Hazel witch bark and leaves powder – one teaspoon or as per need.
- Take powder and mix with little water.
- Apply as a cream.
- Let it sit and go inside the pores of skin.
- Apply this procedure for three to four times in a week.
Home Remedy 6: Lugol’s Iodine for Cystic Pimple:
First of all we need to know that is Lugol’s Iodine. So yeah, it is something that is readily available.
- Lugol’s iodine – few drops of the solution
- Take a cotton bud and pour some solution on it.
- Then apply it on the affected area.
- Using it thrice in a day, every day without any gap is best for the result.
Note: you will get stains that would not go easily. Keeping clothes and accessories away are the requirement of applying it on the cyst.
Home Remedy 7: Aloe Vera Use for Cystic Acne:
One of the best ways to combat cystic acne is aloe vera. It helps in aiding pain. Also, it has the potential to heal wounds.
- Aloe vera gel – one tablespoon or as required
- Scoop out gel from the one inch of aloe vera leaf.
- Apply it directly on the affected area.
- Remove it with water after ten to fifteen minutes.
Note: Drink juice of aloe vera to remove impurities from the body.
ALSO READ: 15 EASY WAYS to use ALOE VERA FOR ACNE
Home Remedy 8: Viola and Dandelion:
Cysts also lessens in intensity when you use viola and dandelions. These two natural ingredients help in eradicating toxins from the skin.
- Dandelion and viola herb mix – one bag.
- Take a bag of dandelion and viola herb mix and boil it in approximately five cups of distilled water.
- Simmer it for 50 minutes once it is thoroughly boiled.
- Consume this drink as many times as possible.
- Drinking this herbal drink for 10 to 15 days gives the best result.
Other treatments to remove cysts at home:
You definitely can pop the cystic acne. However, doing it right or wrong largely matters on few points. Tools and apparatus is one of the elements you have to be certain about.
Following is the entire procedure of treating cystic acne at home. Other than home remedies you can also pop the cyst in the appropriate way.
- Use distilled water and soap (anti-bacterial and oil-free) to wash your hands. Dry it nicely with a linen cloth.
- Gently use the scrub on the face to exfoliate. Once done, place a warm towel on the face to give proper steam.
- Take needle and sterilize it. You can also use a comedone (that extracts cyst). After letting it come back to the room temperature, wipe it with alcohol swab.
- Sterilize pimple by rubbing the alcohol swab around cyst.
- Pierce the needle on the white part. Make sure that you pierce it across and not downward.
- Rip the pimple when the needle is inside and in the process of piercing. It leads to small place from where the pus can erupt and drain out. White part is the Whitehead and eruption of it will not ache a lot.
- By squeezing a little, pus will come out. Always wear gloves or something around your fingers to keep cyst away from catching germs or bacteria. Make sure that it is about hurting yourself. So, if you see any trace of blood then back off from squeezing pus.
- Let it dry after wiping cyst with alcohol swab.
- Let cyst take its own time to heal for an hour.
- Apply makeup on it after an hour or two.
Preventive Steps to Eradicate Cysts at Home:
Preventive measures for stopping cysts production are important for many reasons. It doesn’t merely stops but also helps in causing distress and embarrassment that causes psychological concerns.
Here in this section, we have tried to assist you by telling about the preventive measures that can help in knowing the answer of; “ how can one get rid of cysts at home ?”
- Ant inflammation creams, as well as home remedies, can reduce the danger of infection.
- One of the main ways to get rid of cysts overnight is through baking soda and lime. Using extraction method becomes the source of scary scars.
- Have fruits that have vitamin C, also add in the following in daily eating habits:
- Whole grain
- Citrus fruits
- Green leafy veggies
- Try those herbs which have the antibiotic properties. Honey comes in the play to lessen acne production too.
- Fibers come as a guarding angel when cystic acne starts to appear on the chest or breast.
- Consulting dermatologist plays a vital role in the reduction of cystic acne.
- Using anti-bacterial soap and beauty products is another way to get treated while staying at home.
- Eat well and drink plenty of water.
- Red berries and herbs purifies blood that causes less cystic acne.
- Consume more vitamins.
Last Verdict – Conclusion:
In this blog post we have learnt about remedies that help in dealing with cyst. By trying these mentioned home remedies and preventive measures, you will be able to get relief and instant cure in pain. However, for long term it is better to keep the preventive measures in mind. Also, don’t forget to consult a doctor if need persists for more than 24 hours.
So, the question, how to get rid of a cyst at home is answered in this article. Hope you will use these tricks, tips, home remedies and preventive measures to deal with the situation – getting rid of cystic acne fast. In short, cystic acne is not only curable through laser or minor surgeries but also from the home remedies.