Are you ready to face the world with whiteheads? Most of you would say, NO! Well, if you are one among the list who said “NO” then this article is meant for you. Otherwise not. Why? Because in this article we are about to discuss following points…
Table of Content:
- What is Whitehead?
- How to get rid of whiteheads overnight?
- Home remedies for getting rid of whiteheads fast
1. What is Whitehead?
Whiteheads are one of the six kinds of acne. It is formed when pores of the skin are clogged with oil or sebum; dead cells of the skin or bacteria. Whiteheads happen to appear at the odd timings. The best thing however is based on the fact that these whiteheads are curable. One can easily get rid of Whitehead overnight.
Despite what we have mentioned regarding Whitehead and the treatment, at times it becomes little too much to handle. In those severe cases, you being the affected person must get checked by the dermatologists.
2. How to get rid of whiteheads overnight:
Whiteheads have the potential to get treated easily without any pain. It wouldn’t be right to say that whiteheads can be cured overnight. We need to work on these whiteheads that could help in eradication from the root. Generally, it takes around eight weeks or 2 months to get rid of whiteheads from the scratch.
In this regard, pills as in those that are available over the counter are quite helpful. Benzoyl peroxide is one of those medications that lessen sebum production.
However, many of us are drawn towards home remedies and not the medications. So, there are remedies mentioned in the later part of this article too.
Doctors are the last rescue to help you with prescribing ointment. On the other hand, we always have an option of retinoids that deals with the removal of skin that isn’t alive and ceased pores. Antibiotics are the other way to counterfeit whiteheads. Acne is also controlled by the use of contraceptive pills.
Other treatments may also come as an assisting aid:
3. Home remedies for getting rid of whiteheads fast:
Here in this section we have gathered some of the best and most effective home remedies for whiteheads. Let’s delve in to find out more about it.
Home Remedy 1: Tea Tree Oil for Whiteheads
Tea tree oil is used as following agent:
- Natural astringent.
- Antibacterial properties.
- Fighting and combatting acne.
How to use tea tree oil for Whiteheads?
- Take out few drops of tea tree oil in a bowl.
- Dab cotton bud or ball in the tea tree oil.
- Apply it directly on the affected area where whitehead sticks out.
- Let it sit there for five minutes. And lastly, wash it off with the distilled room temperature water.
- Repeat it daily or thrice as per the need.
Read More: 23 Best Ways to use Tea Tree Oil for Acne
Home Remedy 2: Pore strip with egg white for Whiteheads
For this remedy at home, you simply need to follow the instructions mentioned below;
- Take an egg white in the bowl.
- Whisk it gently till the foam starts to appear.
- Apply thin layer of egg wash on your affected area, where whiteheads exist.
- Now take toilet paper and cover it on top of the egg wash.
- Even it out with the help of fingers.
- Then, apply the same procedure by making a second layer.
- You will feel skin tightening. Don’t worry and remain relaxed.
- Second last stage is to let it dry and then take it off from the corner.
- You will see dirt and whiteheads once the egg wash strips are peeled out.
- Moisturize and use toner for the best result.
Home Remedy 3: Berries and Strawberries for Whiteheads:
Whiteheads and acne can be removed by the use of strawberries and other fibrous berries too. These are best for exfoliation because of the coarse texture. Therefore, these tend to pave way to the eradication of dead skin cells, dirt, and oil from the clogged pores and so on. In addition to it, there are certain properties found in strawberries which are mentioned below;
- Salicylic acid.
- Anti-acne agents.
- Ellagic acid.
How to use strawberries for this remedy?
- Make paste of three strawberries after removing the leafy heads.
- In a bowl mix one and a half table spoon of honey and the paste of strawberries.
- Massage on to the face or wherever whiteheads are found.
- Let it sit there for 15 minutes after gentle scrubbing.
- Rinse it off with water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat it twice in a week for the best result.
Home Remedy 4: Lemon Juice to get rid of whiteheads:
Lemon juice has alpha hydroxyl acids in abundance. This is actually the source of exfoliating skin. In addition to it, lemon juice also looks after the regeneration of skin cells. Along with all these properties, it also aids in getting rid of sebum/oil that is the main cause of whiteheads. Last but not the least; it also contains astringent qualities.
How to use Lemon Juice for Whiteheads?
- Squeeze lemon juice in a bowl.
- Dip cotton ball in the juice.
- Then apply it directly on the whiteheads.
- Let it dry or leave it for 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off from your face or the affected area.
- Doing it daily twice in a day can save you from embarrassment of carrying whiteheads.
Note: instead of squeezing lemon, you can also drop few drops of lemon directly on the cotton ball and do the procedure mentioned.
Home Remedy 5: Cinnamon for Whiteheads Overnight Removal:
Cinnamon is considered best for various reasons. That includes; improving skin altogether, removal of wrinkles and tightening of skin cells; etc. Secondly and most importantly cinnamon also aids in the lessening and then eradication of whiteheads as well as blackheads. These blackheads or whiteheads are majorly removed by the help of cinnamon scrub. Along with all these properties, it also helps in the following way;
- Generation of collagen is improved.
- It also has antimicrobial qualities to combat whiteheads.
How to use cinnamon as a scrub?
- Make a paste with thick consistency by adding following ingredients:
- Cinnamon powder – one teaspoon.
- Flour of oat – one teaspoon.
- Water – two tablespoons or as required.
- Now apply it on the face then scrub it gently.
- Let it remain there on the face after scrubbing for five minutes with gentle hands.
- Rinse it off with the help of water.
- Repeat daily if there is the need or else, thrice in a month would be best for this remedy.
Home Remedy 6: Steam for Whiteheads:
Steaming is one of the best ways to get rid of whiteheads overnight. What you need to do after steaming is however different.
How to do steaming to get rid of whiteheads?
- Cleanse your face with any cleansing home remedy.
- Boil water and dip face towel in it
- Run it into cold water for a second.
- Wring and apply it on the face for ten minutes.
- Before steaming, it is better to either cleanse or scrub your face.
- Repeat it daily before going to sleep.
Home Remedy 7: Sugar Scrub for Whiteheads:
Another way to scrub off the whiteheads is through the use of sugar. It is true that sugar scrubs are readily available in the market. However, it is always good to try making sugar scrub at home. Anyway, exfoliation is possible through which you can remove the following:
- Dead skin or dead skin cells.
How to make sugar scrub?
- Take a tablespoon of white crystalized sugar.
- Add one tablespoon of honey, preferably organic.
- Also add in six drops of lemon.
- Mix it all together.
- This quantity is good for one time use. You can make sugar scrub in a jar by multiplying the amounts of each ingredient – honey, sugar and lemon.
How to use sugar scrub?
- Take scrub and apply it gently on the face.
- Massage it thoroughly without being harsh on skin.
- Then, scrub it for two to five minutes.
- Let it sit there for several minutes.
- Wipe off the scrub with the help of kitchen towel or hand towel.
- Rinse it with the luke warm water.
- Apply toner to secure pores.
Home Remedy 8: water with baking soda for whiteheads:
Exfoliation is another way through which you can remove whiteheads. As we all know exfoliation is one of the main hallway to get rid of whiteheads fast, there are various ways to take care of acne through it.
Baking soda is used as an exfoliating agent. It doesn’t only cleans skin from dust, dirt and oil; but also balances pH level. Maintenance of pH level helps in the adequate amount of oil production.
How to use baking soda for removing Whiteheads?
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of rose water in the bowl.
- Mix well and make paste out of it.
- Apply it generously on the face.
- Let it dry half way so that you don’t need to add more water.
- Scrub it off gently. And make sure your nose is scrubbed properly too.
- In the end, rinse off your face.
- Repeat it on an alternative days.
Home Remedy 9: almond scrub with honey and flour:
Whiteheads are easily removed within a week by the help of this specific home remedy. Scrubbing properties are found in abundance in both these ingredients. Skin complexion as well as removal of whiteheads is possible through almond, honey and flour scrub.
How to use this scrub?
- Take a handful of almonds (approximately 10 units) and make powder of it.
- Add one tablespoon of honey. Now include one and a half tablespoon of flour as well.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Scrub gently on the face, emphasizing on the areas affected with whiteheads.
- Massage and scrub through for five to six minutes.
- In the end, wash it off with the help of warm water.
- Repeat it on alternative basis if the whiteheads are stubborn. Otherwise, it is fine to repeat the procedure twice in a week.
ALSO READ: 16 Best Ways to Use Honey for Acne
Home Remedy 10: Apple Cider Vinegar to get rid of whiteheads Overnight:
Apple cider vinegar is one of the ingredients that are mostly found in homes. It has the astringent properties that has the potential to eradicate sebum production from the pores of the skin. In addition to it, apple cider vinegar also is the main item to get antibacterial possessions.
How to use apple cider vinegar for Whiteheads?
- Take a cup of distilled water.
- Now add one tablespoon of ACV in the cup.
- Dip cotton ball in the solution and squeeze it to remove the excess amount of solution.
- Apply it on the whiteheads.
- Rinse it with the help of water after ten minutes.
There is another way of using apple cider vinegar too. That is mentioned below:
- Take ¾ part of cornstarch and ¼ part of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it well with the help of index finger.
- Apply it on the face particularly on the areas where whiteheads persists.
- Let it sit there till it is dry.
- Remove it with the help of water after 10 minutes.
Conclusion – Last Verdict:
Getting rid of whiteheads overnight is sort of risky. However, you can always try with the remedies that we have mentioned here in this article. These are the best ways to deal with whiteheads. In short, scrubbing is best for exfoliating procedure. And then cleansing helps whiteheads doesn’t sit as a residue on the skin.
We hope you have liked this article. If yes, please comment on it and let us know how it helped you in getting rid of whiteheads. If you have remedies that can help in removing whiteheads in just one night, then share it with us too.