Each type of acne has its own play on the mind. This leads to several conditions that affect mental state as well as emotional turmoil. Severity however is on the basis of which acne is categorized in six different types. One of those six types is nodular acne. To understand and get through some basic information of nodular acne, we have divided this article in few sections. Each section has couple of questions as well as topics of discussion.
Let’s check out the content of this article.
Section 1: Introduction
- What is nodular acne?
- What are the causes of nodule acne?
- Symptoms of nodular acne
- Nodular acne vs cystic acne
Section 2: Treatment
- Nodular acne treatment options and home remedies.
Section 3: Prevention
- Preventive measures for nodule acne
- When to seek the dermatologist for acne nodules?
Section 1: Introduction
What is nodular acne?
It is a term given by the dermatologists, however in layman language it is also called or referred as severe acne.
This is the most painful and worrisome kind in all six categories. Here the question may arise as to why it is so. And the answer to it is dependent on the symptoms as well as causes. Yes, both of these determine the intensity of inflammation and other occurrences that make it without any doubt riskier than that of other kinds.
Unfortunately, nodule acne stays for longer period as compared to other types of acne. You will be amazed to know that nodular acne at times long for months. Nodule on chin, back, and face are considered prone to develop nodular acne. Also, in this regard nodular acne scars are left behind causing more stress than that of any other acne.
What are the causes of nodular acne?
Causes, symptoms and signs are of due importance. Definitely, because it gives an edge to find out about the acne’s type. Indications are made through these symptoms and causes. Therefore, it is imperial to discuss these topics to understand nodule acne in a better way.
Here is a list of causes of nodular acne:
- Over hyper production of oil sebum or sebaceous.
- Over growth and fast reproduction of bacteria that causes acne nodule.
- Energetic and vigorous play of androgen hormones is another possibility of nodular acne. It, however, is based on the production level and due to the active participation of causing nodular acne; oil gland starts to secrete more oil. Therefore, acne is caused.
- Mainly chemical imbalances of sebum that causes nodular acne?
- Environmental factor also plays a vital role in outrage of nodules acne. Hot and humid cities or places allow bacteria to grow causing subdue advantage.
- If the genes of an individual has skin concerns or particularly nodular acne, then yeah! They are closer to the risk of probing them on your way.
When does nodular acne develop? What are the causes of nodular acne in women? Well, acne nodules starts when a person enters his or her puberty, primarily because of the fact that hormonal changes take place. Pregnant women and teenagers are also disposed to to catch the acne bacteria.
Symptoms of nodular acne:
Nodule has some symptoms and signs that can assist on its presence. Guidelines to it are mentioned below in points. We highly recommend visiting and consulting a dermatologist if you find the trace of these signs.
- First of all it is very painful. Most of the time to the extent that you cannot even bear the pain.
- Nodule acne is formed in patches. These patches are spread in large area. Nothing like two to three centimeter but in inches though.
- This kind of acne is more stubborn and persists for months. Two to three months and even more than that duration is the typical indication of nodular acne.
- Scars leave behind when it is not given due importance, treated (either by home remedies or other methods) and/or consulted with specialized doctor.
- Women notice nodular acne below chin.
- Nodular acne is harder than the pustules acne. Pus in the pustules acne gives confirmation of softness.
Nodular acne vs cystic acne:
The main difference between nodular and cystic acne is based on the following grounds:
- First of all, like mentioned above (in the symptoms section) cystic acne has pus. It also has opening that flushes out water or pus. On the other hand, nodule acne is bigger and without any pus.
- Nodular vs cystic acne also lies on the ground reality that nodular acne appears in patches and spreads in clusters. However, cystic acne doesn’t come in the patches; cystic acne spreads in collections.
- More about these two kinds of acne, nodular one is harder and more painful as compared to cystic acne. We can say that because cystic acne is softer than nodular acne.
These are the main differences between nodular and cystic acne. Other differences may include itchiness, soreness, redness, solid form in both nodular and cystic acne.
Section 2: Treatment
Home remedies for nodular acne:
Nodular acne home remedies that really have shown result within few days are discussed under.
Apple cider vinegar for Nodule acne:
Apple cider vinegar contains all those natural elements that help acne to fade away. It heals acne fast and also balances pH level in the body. Skin, bones and hair are typically kept away from diseases. And to live a healthier life you must incorporate apple cider vinegar in your routine.
Steps to follow:
- Take a glass of water.
- Add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Stir it well.
- Have it all in small sips.
Note: you must consume this drink early in the morning, preferably right after waking up. Also, if you find the taste of vinegar bad, you can add one teaspoon of raw honey.
Secondly, you can make a mixture of apple cider vinegar with water in a spray bottle. Shake it well. Then spray it on the affected area. Let it dry and do not wash or rinse it off.
2. Masks from natural ingredients for acne nodules:
Homemade scrubs and masks are easy to make. Not that you will need many ingredients that will cause any damage. There will not a single drop of chemicals too.
In this section of the home remedies we have collected some of the best masks for acne. Let’s check them out.
Honey and lemon for Nodular acne Scars
Take a lemon and squeeze its juice in a bowl. Add raw honey (one teaspoon) and mix it well. Apply it on the face evenly. Let it dry and then make sure it sits there for at least fifteen minutes. Once it is dry rinse it off with water.
Olive oil for Nodule acne
Apply generous amount of olive oil on the affected area. Let it remain there for few hours. The best time to apply however is night (before going to sleep). Wash it off in the morning. Repeat daily according to the need.
Papaya for Acne Nodule
Scoop out the pulp of papaya and apply it directly on the face. Wash it with non-oily soap after fifteen minutes. You have to follow same procedure after every alternative day.
Watching diet and water intake is necessary for the face with acne. Despite the facts that people generally bear a misconception about oily food intake. We appreciate if people consume omega 3 essential oil and also apply it when needed.
As of water intake, like everyone states, eight to ten glasses of water are sufficient for the glowing and spotless face. If you fail to drink that quantity, we recommend you to make a drink and consume it all day.
Cleansing is mandatory for nodular acne. Using oil free cosmetics, oil free beauty products and cleansing everyday with free of oil products is another way to deal with acne.
Home remedy for cleansing includes:
Butter milk and lemon:
Take one teaspoon of butter milk and add three to four drops of lemon. Apply it on face and cleanse it with finger tips. Circular movements with light hand are the best trick to follow.
Moisturizers and creams:
Take dermatologists help regarding the selection of moisturizers and creams. Sun block must be used prior going out in the sun.
Exercise, yoga, Zumba, and meditation are the ways to keep away from stress and mental fatigue. These mentioned activities have the potency of reducing stress. So these must be added in the daily life. Also, you must take good sleep in the night.
When it comes to meditation, it must be practiced every day without fail. Breathing exercises as well as mantras also help in this regard.
On the other hand exercise makes you sweat which helps in throwing out toxins in the body.
There are naturally other home remedies too but these are tested and experienced by many.
Section 3: Prevention
Preventive measures or How to prevent nodular acne?
Managing nodular acne is quite a handful job. It is not easy but not too difficult too. Once you get hang of taking essential actions against acne nodules you simply won’t feel doing something extra or out of the way. Having said so, here is a list of those actions and activities that can get you rid of nodular acne.
- Cleansing and washing acne is always beneficial. However, you must take care of the products. Extra use of chemicals, oil and toxic agents can worsen acne. Therefore, selected products must be used. Washing face or affected area is also important because sweating can definitely make acne bad and can persist for longer period of time. That is why it is recommended to wash face twice in a day, every day.
- Scrubbing affected area or nodular acne is highly condemned. You must be thinking, why it is so. Well, the answer to it is simple. When you scrub off acne it peels off and causes more irritation, itchiness, soreness, pain and even scars.
- Working too much on acne can be really bad and cause side effects. In this case, we recommend you to let it heal on its own, and take its own course or duration to ward off from face. Extracting acne with machines or hand is not a good idea. Hence, it is proven that keeping it simple and not to freak out about it is helpful. Stress causes more acne and that is why we always ask to keep things relaxed and don’t panic about nodular acne.
- By the way, once you wash your face or affected area, you must apply moisturizer that doesn’t contain any oil or chemical.
- Keep yourself clean. Hygienic issues may cause nodule acne that doesn’t even go in months.
- It is not only exposed area that may have acne. Even scalp may have nodules acne. To avoid acne on scalp it is advised to shampoo on alternative days. If your hair is too oily then it is must to shampoo hair daily without fail.
- Exposure to sun causes sweat. Oily substance is more active when you sweat. Therefore, we highly vouch for sun blocks to people with acne nodules.
When to seek dermatologist for nodule acne?
In situation where scars don’t fade away you must consult a doctor. Also, when you know that the pain is excruciating and you may need some medication, a visit to dermatologist becomes significant. In addition to it, we also suggest to visit a doctor when you find spread of acne in a rapid speed.
Last verdict and synopsis of the article:
All in all, we can say that with the help of all these preventive measures and home remedies you can get rid of nodule acne. Through the help of this article you have understood symptoms and signs of nodular pimple. You have also learnt about how to differentiate nodular and cystic acne.
In the end, we would ask you to comment and let us know if the article was helpful or not. Questions and reviews on this article will also be appreciated.
Leave a Reply